Wren Community Website:
Wren Community Hall Directions: 1 1/4 miles off Hwy 20 on Hwy 223 just north of Cardwell Hill Dr. on the right.
Building Use Policies
The Wren Community Hall is primarily for use by the people of Wren to foster community spirit.
The Wren Community Club (WCC) oversees use of the Wren Community Hall.
For information, reservations, & Building Use Contract call Mary Ackermann, 541-929-5716.
Non-Wren groups may use the building and grounds as available by reservation.
We expect users to comply with the following Guidelines:
- A Building Use Contract & Proof of event insurance coverage are required unless event is sponsored by the WCC. (See Building Use Contract)
- Meeting Room/Kitchen, the Main Hall, and/or the grounds are available for use.
- A cell phone is required. There is no public or private phone on the premises in case of emergency.
- Due to limited restroom facilities we ask that you limit attendance to 200 people.
- A donation will be accepted from users who are Wren Community Club members to cover costs for electricity and firewood.
- A User fee will be charged for use by non-Wren Community Club members. (See User Fees Chart)
- Arrangements must be made for the building to be opened for user, a fire built, and building closed.
- Parking must be safely off the Highway right-of-way, not blocking the front door access or neighbors’ driveways. Please DO NOT PARK on the grassy side of the building. That is the septic drain field.
- User group is responsible for cleanup and removal of all trash from the premises. A Closing Checklist is posted by the front door. A completed Closing Checklist must be presented with key for refund of key/cleaning deposit. (See Closing Checklist)
- Events that serve alcohol must be considered by the WCC Board on a case-by-case basis and are required to provide proof of liability coverage that names the WCC as additionally insured. An OLCC licensed, insured server is required for all events with alcoholic beverages. A copy of the server’s OLCC license must be received by the WCC at least 7 days prior to the event. The user/renter will be responsible for any costs associated with the service of alcohol. (See Alcohol Agreement)
- You are welcome to use of the kitchen space. There is an electric stove and oven. If you use the refrigerator, please UNPLUG IT after use, clean it out completely, and leave it propped open as you found it.
- Items commonly needed: Paper towels or cloths for spills and clean up. Plastic garbage bags for trash.
- You will need to supply your own kitchen plates, cups, napkins, utensils, pots and pans.
- Restroom facilities are available indoors now! Water supply is very limited so please minimize your use.
- The Wren Community Hall is currently being renovated. Please bear with us as we complete our projects.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the building or restroom. (There is a designated Smoking Area outside.)
- No candles or open flames (except birthday candles) for fire safety.
- No skateboards, roller blades, archery or darts.
- No animals except guide dogs.
- No use of nails, tacks, etc. for decorations. Masking tape preferred.
- The Sale of alcohol is not permitted.
- ALL wood and kindling splitting must be done outside. A block of wood is set up by the woodshed for that purpose.