Wren Community Website:
Policies for Rural Unincorporated Community of Wren
Policies 1 and 2 are specific to the Unincorporated Community of Wren, as defined by ORS, consisting of the lands zoned Commercial and Industrial. Policies 3 – 13 pertain to the functional community boundary. (See Map)
- Benton County shall allow flexibility in the use of Wren’s limited non-resource lands, as complies with Statewide Planning Goals.
- Benton County shall encourage new commercial or industrial activities within the RUC boundary of Wren that focus on the needs of the local community or be related to local resource uses, in order to minimize impact on the local quality of life.
- Benton County shall recognize and support the role of local community groups in the process of community-building, plan implementation and the capacity to respond to changing needs.
- Benton County shall support the efforts of community organizations, property owners and residents in Wren to strengthen the local sense of community.
- Benton County shall support and encourage the development of Wren youth as contributing members of the community.
- Benton County shall maintain and support an active Citizen Advisory Committee in Wren to enable citizen participation in County affairs and ensure County recognition of the community’s goals.
- Benton County shall limit new housing development in the Wren area to preserve the small, rural character of the community.
- Benton County shall recognize the efforts of the community to support forestry, farming and home based businesses as the primary industries of the Wren community.
- Benton County shall participate with residents, community volunteers and the local fire district to ensure the security and safety of residents of the Wren community.
- Benton County shall work with local community organizations, property owners, and residents to maintain and enhance Wren’s rural community atmosphere and to protect and enhance the historical and environmental assets of the community.
- Benton County shall support the community’s efforts to improve access to recreational areas and reduce incidence of trespass on private lands.
- Benton County shall facilitate communications between the community of Wren and state and federal agencies.